Fort Lauderdale Airport - Terminal 1
(click on image to expand view)
As part of the FLL Airport Improvement and Renovation Program, Broward County Aviation Department is adding a new Concourse A to Terminal 1. They will also modernize the existing terminal. Southwest Airlines in cooperation with FLL will manage these construction activities. Construction will go on while the terminal remains open with minimal disruption to the passengers.
- Project Name: FLL Concourse A & Terminal 1 Renovation
- Client: Southwest Airlines
- Architect: Corgan Associates, Inc. [www] and GS&P Architects [www]
- General Contractors (JV): Moss Construction [www] & Hunt Construction [www]
- Glazing Contractor: Crawford-Tracey Corp. [www]
- Glazing Manufacturer: Crawford-Tracey Corp. [www]
- Glazing System: Crawford-Tracey Pro-Tech 9SG & Pro-Tech 7SG LMI
- Glass Fabricator: Viracon [www]
Glass and Glazing Notes:
Laminated, insulated vision and spandrel glass. Custom digital print frit for privacy at lower portion of the building. Decorative interior package includes an integrated, large-scale, architectural glass art installation by artist Gordon Huether. Click here to read more about the projects art glass installation.